\
Go Back   RightScale Forums > RightScale

Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Fog

Default SmartFoxServer - Version?

Hi:

I signed up for RightScale to use the server template to set up SmartFoxServer on an Amazon EC2 instance.

Everything appeared to have gone fine for the first week or so, until I noticed I was missing some functionality mentioned in the SFS2X documentation. When I reached out to their staff via their forums (see: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums...p?f=18&t=13771), I was informed that it's because I'm running an out-of-date version of SFS2X. The server template installed 2.0.0-RC1, while they are on 2.0.1 Final.

Someone else said that the RightScale server template was updated to the latest version; however, according to the Dashboard, the last update was on 3/20, before I deployed my server.

Was the template indeed updated? And is there any way around this other than by starting completely from scratch? That would be extremely frustrating, because I made a lot of modifications/customizations to my server, and it would be an absolute pain to have to go through that again when I finally thought I was ready to move on to the next phase of my project.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM
RightScale Representative
Cumulonimbus

Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Fordham - RightScale

As per the ServerTemplate in the marketplace, http://www.rightscale.com/library/se...unity-Ed/32628 was updated on Feb 17, 2012 with Revision 3 (ServerTemplate now uses version 2.0.1 of SmartFoxServer 2X).

It sounds like you used a revision prior to rev 3 which has the older version.
If you have manually modified the server then this would be regarded as drift and unsupported by the template - you are essentially going forth on your own here.
Ideally the ServerTemplate would provide configuration options for any changes required, and the publisher may be open to contributions to enhance the offering.

Please continue to use the support provided by the publisher as this is your best source of knowledge and support for the ServerTemplate.

Tags
amazon, ec2_instances, servertemplate, sfs2x, smartfoxserver